Blue Origin announced a size increase to New Glenn’s fairing, and OneWeb has decided to keep their Toulouse factory open for other customers after their initial 10-satellite production run is over. Both decisions bring about some interesting implications for the market at large.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 19 executive producers—Kris, Mike, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Brad, Ryan, Jamison, Guinevere, Nadim, Peter, Donald, Lee, Jasper, and five anonymous—and 69 other supporters on Patreon.
- Blue Origin | New Glenn
- Blue Origin on Twitter: “Given customer response, we’re going straight to the 7m fairing and skipping 5.4m. Customers liking options the 2X volume provides.”
- New Glenn Gets Larger Fairing - Main Engine Cut Off
- OneWeb Satellites to keep Toulouse factory open for other customers - SpaceNews.com
- OneWeb Satellites to keep Toulouse factory open for other customers - Main Engine Cut Off
- Email your thoughts and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Support Main Engine Cut Off on Patreon